Last year’s International Women’s Haiku Festival was such a success that we’re going to do it again in 2018.
In celebration of National Women’s History Month (March) and in honor of women’s unique contributions to the world, I seek submissions of haiku/senryu about women and on all aspects of women’s experience for the second annual International Women’s Haiku Festival on Inner Voices, March 2018.
All poets are welcome to submit a maximum of five (5) poems between February 1 and 28, 2018. I will publish selected poems on a rolling basis throughout the month of March 2018 on this blog, Inner Voices. You are strongly encouraged to submit early.
Please follow these detailed submission guidelines:
- DEADLINE: Submissions must be time stamped between February 1 and February 28, 2018 inclusive in order to be considered.
- All poems you submit must be in English, previously unpublished, and not under consideration elsewhere.
- Submit your poems and bio, noting the country in which you live and the name under which you wish to have your poem(s) published, in the “Comment” field at this link: INNER VOICES – INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S HAIKU FESTIVAL
- Rights to your poems revert back to you once they’ve been published on Inner Voices as part of the International Women’s Haiku Festival.
- Should your poem(s) be published in the festival and then republished elsewhere later, customary acknowledgement of the 2018 International Women’s Haiku Festival on Inner Voices, ed. Jennifer Hambrick, and relevant link as place of first publication will apply.
I am very excited to read you work!